Immigrate to Canada – Express Entry
On 1st January 2015, Canada launched its new Express Entry visa system, aimed at improving the visa selection process for permanent residency and speeding up decision times to six months or less. We assist those people who are really looking for an overseas career as well as permanent settlement to realize their dreams of migrating to a country that offers one of the best living standards in the world.
There is still a backlog of Canadian immigration cases, which is one of the reasons why the Canadian government have launched this new system. It is designed to prevent a future backlog of applications, and improve the selection process. It is hoped that with increased access to highly skilled overseas workers, the Canadian economy will benefit from this new system.
Canada provides a successful opportunity and a stable environment to those who elect to become a part of its landscape. It abounds with economic prosperity, sound and affordable education options, ample business prospects, world renowned health care and retirement schemes, an abundance of land, clean air and fresh water supplies, all providing for a safe and secure environment.
We are officially recognized specialists in obtaining skills, business, and family permanent residence visas to Canada.
How Express Entry works
Express Entry is used to manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:
- the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
- the Canadian Experience Class.
Provinces and territories can also recruit candidates from the Express Entry system through their Provincial Nominee Programs to meet local labour market needs.
Ministerial Instructions set out the rules for governing the Express Entry application management system.
The Express Entry system has two steps:
Step 1) Potential candidates complete an online Express Entry profile
Potential candidates will complete an online Express Entry profile. This is a secure form that they will use to provide information about their:
- work experience,
- language ability,
- education, and
- other details that will help us assess them.
Those who meet the criteria of one of the federal immigration programs listed above will be accepted into a pool of candidates.
Anyone who does not already have a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) (if you need one), or a nomination from a province or territory, must register with Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) Job Bank. Job Bank will help connect Express Entry candidates with eligible employers in Canada.
Candidates are also encouraged to promote themselves to employers in other ways, such as using job boards, recruiters etc.
In most cases when there is a job being offered to a candidate, employers will need an LMIA from ESDC. The LMIA process ensures employers have made an effort to hire Canadians for available jobs. There will be no LMIA fee for permanent resident applications.
Step 2) The highest-ranking candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence
Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool using a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Points are awarded using the information in their profile.
Candidates with the highest scores in the pool will be issued an Invitation to Apply. Candidates will be awarded points for:
- a job offer, and/or
- a nomination from a province or territory, and/or
- skills and experience factors.
A candidate can get additional points for:
- a job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment, or
- a nomination by a province or territory
These additional points will make a candidate rank high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible round of invitations.
If someone is invited to apply, they will have 60 days to submit an online application for permanent residence.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will process the majority of complete applications (meaning those with all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less.
Candidates can stay in the pool for up to 12 months. If they do not get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence within 12 months of submitting an Express Entry profile, they may submit a new profile. If they still meet the criteria, they can re-enter the pool. This will prevent backlogs and ensure quick processing times.
Essentially, the key purpose of the Canada Express Entry 2015 is to give the control over the selection of prospective migrants under skilled workers category to Canadian Government through Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Towards, that objective and as a precursor to minimum 67 points criteria, a system whereby the applicants interested in migrating are ranked against each other, using a set of parameters. The tool containing these parameters, ranking and selection is called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
The key components and parameters of the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) are as follows:
- Parameters related to Core human capital;
- Parameters related to accompanying spouse or common-law partner;
- Parameters related to Skill transferability; and
- Parameters relating to a provincial nomination or a qualifying job offer of arranged employment.
Total number of points available under the Express Entry CRS is 1,200.
Where candidates are filing the application without an accompanying spouse or common-law partner, the break of points under CRS is as follows:
- Core human Capital: Maximum 500 points;
- Skill transferability: Maximum 100 points; and
- Either a provincial nomination of a qualifying offer of arranged employment: Maximum 600 points available
Where candidates are filing the application with an accompanying spouse or common-law partner, the break of points under CRS is as follows:
- Core human Capital of Principal Applicant: Maximum 460 points;
- Core human Capital of Spouse: Maximum 40 points
- Skill transferability: Maximum 100 points; and
- Either a provincial nomination of a qualifying offer of arranged employment: Maximum 600 points
Express Entry summary
- The Express Entry system will process applications for Canadian permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and the Canadian Experience Class.
- Canadian Provinces and Territories will be able to use the new system to select candidates for their Provincial Nominee Programs.
- Candidates are added to a pool of applicants, where the highest ranking individuals are then invited to apply for one of the programs. For successful applicants the immigration process should then be completed within six months.
If you wish to apply for Canada express entry visa, you can get the complete assistance from the Canada migration expert at Maple Fly.
We at Maple Fly International provide online Immigration solutions for Canada Immigration making Immigration and related contexts a hassle free and happy venture.
For more details fill our Pre assessment form and your points will be calculated definitely without any inconvenience. Experience the primary qualifying steps for Canada Immigration as we are located in the heart of India, In New Delhi.
Call the Canada visa expert at Maple Fly on contact no. 011- 43511747 or inclusive immigration support or fill the free assessment form to get a call from expert with assessment of your profile.