If you wish to work in Hong Kong one of the most successful economies in Asia, it may be worth considering a Hong Kong skilled immigration programme. There are a number of options available if you have the right skills and experience and wish to live and work in Hong Kong: the General Employment Policy (GEP) program for skilled workers with a job offer, the Immigration arrangement for non local graduates-IANG and, the General Points Test (GPT).
GEP: This scheme has been incorporated to address labor shortage issued in local labor pool. Aspirants filing under GEP must have
- Appropriate academic credentials with technical proficiency in requisite trade if desired in certain occupational premise
- An authentic employment offer
- Wages offered should be in confirmation of prevalent levels for corresponding profession in local labor pool
GEP and IANG programs do not have annual sealing and have been planned to boost image of Hong Kong as globally competitive city. Schemes are available for people in
- Culinary skills etc.
IANG: This program aims to encourage overseas students
- Accomplished a full-time and regular graduation or higher course from a recognized academic establishment of HK.
- Non-resident students – NRGs filing requests
- Within 6 months of accomplishment are fresh NRGs
- After 6 months of accomplishment are called returning NRGs
Fresh graduates do not need on-hand job offer, while returning graduates need on-hand job offer. Both classes of non-resident graduates are granted 1 year residence in cases where all other parameters concerned with immigration have been fulfilled.
General Points Test
The GPT is a points based immigration scheme similar to that offered by the UK and Australia. Individuals are assessed against a combination of criteria including age, language skills, academic qualifications, and work experience. A job offer from a Hong Kong employer is not required under this scheme.
Currently, you must score at least 80 points under the GPT test, which is subject to change from time to time.
GPT is most crucial part of HK immigration and it is mandatory to score 80 marks (out of 165) is conducted on basis of factors such as
- Academic credentials
- Employment exposure
- Linguistic abilities
- Family background
ABP evaluation targets outstanding migrants with exceptional skills and achievements in their trades. In this evaluation only one parameter is allocated a score of 165 marks provided a migrant
- Is a recipient of global level recognition and accolades
- Has participated, and made phenomenal infusions into innovations in his/her trade premise
Hong Kong offers a progressive environment in a region often described as “East meets West”. It is one of the World’s leading international financial centers and is known for its low taxation and for being a free trade area.
If you wish to live and work abroad, Hong Kong offers a great opportunity to you if you have the right skills. For more information on immigrating to Hong Kong, give us a call.